Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hey! It's Paloma here!


I have made a new PSA with the help of Haile Thomas. :) We worked soooo hard on the video! It will be shown at the 2nd Annual Sonoran Science Academy Literacy night. I hope that the people here will enjoy the PSA. Hopefully, there will be a standing ovation!


Haile and I had soooo much fun making this video. She is soooo intelligent. She is a young individual with many talents. Haile is a very hard-working and diligent person. For a nine year old, could never expect anyone to be so mature! I hope to work with her another time because we seemed to get along well.


The video is most likely going to be a success on the date of the appearance. This video was about literacy. It contained many facts about reading in general. I hope that many people become aware of illiteracy in our community and how education is failing many in Arizona. Did you know that teachers are the lowest paid in the nation? In my opinion, teachers deserve more money because they create the foundation of childrens' lives. I hope that the government leaders get their priorities straight. The children are our future, and we will be in their hands when we grow older.

I loved that I could work for such a reliable organization. Girls Making Media is such a great way to relax, hang out, and be yourself! Of course, there is work to do. But, all of the projects that we create are fun and educational. I hope that I have another wonderful opportunity to work in partnership with GMM.
Respectfully,
Paloma McKenna~

No comments:

Post a Comment