Saturday, October 24, 2009

Making a PSA


This is Katelyn sounding off on my experience with the Girls Making Media PSA training program. I learned a lot about digital media and how to craft a short, hard hitting message for distribution. As someone who has written about the importance of giving girls a voice as cultural producers in the past, it was really awesome to actually take part in the program and gain some hands-on experience. The Girls Making Media program helped me to develop the skills needed to get the word out about the issues that are taking a toll on women and girls in this digital age. It was really empowering to be able to respond, publicly, to an issue that I care about so deeply. I will definitely will be using the skills that I learned during this program in the future! I am really grateful that a program like this exists for girls and young women. Thanks so much to Qynn, Stephanie, and the other program participants for giving me this opportunity and for helping me to make my first PSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment